lunedì 1 dicembre 2014

(Finally) Day #1

Okay. My first day here.
I've lost my bus and I hated the girl who told me about it because she made a mistake. I've spent two hours in a crappy McDonald's but at least I trained my pokemon...
Anyway, the place is not really like I expected. It is way better! It's quite awesome! I'm so happy to be here... I don't even know how to explain this. My dream is come true. I mean, I know that they don't pay me for now but... I'm so lucky to be here! Even if everything is quite wet, cold and muddy.
I met a lot of people and it's really hard for me because I've to remember faces, names... and also I've to lear all dogs and wolves names! I think that I will go crazy in the next few days.
Luckly everyone is really kind with me and they explain me a lot. I'm kinda overwhelmed by all those information but... It's good.
On my first day here I saw all the fences with wolves and dogs. Wolves are magnificent as always and they even howled for a while, it was magical. Dogs are pretty cool too, I think that I'm already in love with one of them.
I've met a scottish girl, a PhD student here, with her dog too and she told me that everyone here has a dog or pick up a dog that they won't """""""use""""""" anymore. It's pretty cool and I immediately thought that this is the right place for me.
Another girl showed me all the facilities, even the freezer room. It looks like a massacre scene! Deer, rabbits or chickens (or part of that) were everywhere! I'm really satisfied by myself, btw, because I didn't puke or look disgusted at all.
I went to the supermarket and it was quite overwhelming too, because everything was in german and everything was barely new for me. I've just grab some stuff randomly... I hope that I will be good for that at least for the next few days.
For dinner we wait that another girl (yep, I'm the only male student here... this is my harem), an english one, cooked for us. I ate something new: beans (brown ones and smaller white ones) with tomato sauce and mushroom.. it was delicious. Really. No kidding.
Tomorrow we celebrate thanksgiving, because another PhD student is american so... she's throwing this party just for us. I'll met more thant 20 people, I don't know how to manage that! And the next Tuesday we'll have a Christmas party so... they have quite fun here.
Another info, every Tuesday here you should partecipate to a meeting and discuss of everything and read a paper and discuss it too. Nobody asked me to read the paper for tomorrow but I'll still want to read it because, you know, I want to give them my best impression. Tomorrow one of the bosses is here, I'm a little bit scared...
My brain doesn't want to stop but I really need to sleep so... that's all for now. This post it's a little bit confusing but this is on mind right now! A lot of stuff, passion, feelings... I need some days, maybe weeks, to find the right adjustment.

P.S. now I can understand what one of my BFF was going through with the erasmus experience... wow. I mean... wow.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento